With voter turnout 15% higher than neighboring Ellsworth’s, Lamoine voters overwhelmingly rejected the Board of Selectmen’s proposed new Gravel Ordinance, 425 no to 185 yes, in Tuesday’s vote. This outcome was in spite of the theft of approximately 80% of Friends of Lamoine’s “Vote NO” signs last week by unknown vandals. In response, Lamoiners were undaunted, as this homemade sign and the vote display.
- MacQuinn’s new proposal for Cousins Hill (June 13, 2022)
- April Public Hearing Postponed (April 6, 2021)
- New Activity on Cousins Hill (April 3, 2021)
- Survey Results (January 30, 2021)
- End of an Era (October 29, 2020)
- High Court Rejects MacQuinn’s 3 Motions (July 1, 2020)
- MacQuinn’s Latest Move (June 16, 2020)
- News Flash!! (May 21, 2020)
- MacQuinn “Freedom of Access Act” Lawsuit Fails (April 29, 2020)
- Hal Borns, Advocate for Preserving Lamoine’s Environment (April 3, 2020)
- Up to the Judges Now (March 6, 2020)
- Oral Arguments Scheduled in Cousins Hill Case (February 22, 2020)
- Election Outcome and Other News (March 23, 2019)
- Winter Updates (February 8, 2019)
- A saltwater intrusion could be “hydrologic disaster” for Lamoine (January 12, 2019)
- Ben Whitcomb on Up to the Judges Now
- Nancy louis on Up to the Judges Now
- Antonio Blasi on Public Hearing Part Two
- Kathleen on Public Hearing Part Two
- Jack on Public Hearing Part Two
- Submission to PB 5 April 2021
- BofA Signed order recinding permit
- Ellsworth American 6.5.2020
- BDN 5.27.2020 "Supreme court denies expansion.."
- Supreme Court Decision 5/19/20!
- Letter from FOL to Planning Board 8/15/19
- Second Decision 6.17.19
- Cousins' Hill Decision 4.4.2019
- MacQuinn Pit Application Denial Findings of Fact Pt1.
- MacQuinn Pit Application Denial Findings of Fact Pt2.
- Town of Lamoine Complaint Form
- 2011 (old) Lamoine Gravel Ordinance
- Lamoine's Comprehensive Plan
- Lamoine's Site Plan Review Ordinance
- Superior Court Decision Gott VS. Lamoine 2012
- Ordinance Development Timeline
- 2015 Proposed Gravel Ordinance with Highlighted Changes
- Salsbury Letter.15.Jun.2015
- Steven Callahan Letter
- Gerber Gravel Pit Issues Memo
- Susa's Poem about Lamoine
- Lamoine Conservation Commission Open Space Report 03/2013
- Willem Brutsaert: Save and Protect Lamoine
- Dr. Borns Letter 7.24.14
- Goodwin Spill 1997
- MacQuinn Spill 1997
- Gott Spill 2001
- Upjohn study on economic impact of gravel pits-2006
- Consent Agreement with Gravel Companies, 6/26/14
- Gravel Work Group Final Report 6/26/2014
- FOL Letter to Selectboard 7.17.14
- SelectBoardResponseto FOL.9.11.14
- DEP Pit Restoration Guide
- Direct Mail Gravel Flyer 6.1.14
- Direct Mail Gravel Flyer 6.6.14
- John Holt's decision to deny Cousins Hill permit
- 4th Draft Gravel Ordinance
- Draft 4 Comments from John Holt
- Planning Board's request to reconsider
- GravelPit To Expand 2004
Almost 28% of eligible Lamoine voters voted
no. That is a statistical landslide…
Clearly this vote will send a message to selectmen and administration that if they want to continue in their current roles, they must reassess the town’s relationship with gravel pit owners.
Reassess is the key word.
Strange how signage theft is being done by those that know they are on the wrong side of an issue that protects citizen’s rights over those that seek to destroy Maine.